In order to analyze the dynamic behavior of a particular solid or

In order to analyze the dynamic behavior of a particular solid or porous metal mixture in any given situation, a model is developed to calculate SIS3 mw the Hugoniot data for solid or porous mixtures using only static thermodynamic properties of the components. The model applies the cold energy mixture theory to calculate the isotherm of the components to avoid temperature effects on the mixtures.

The isobaric contribution from the thermodynamic equation of state is used to describe the porous material Hugoniot. Dynamic shock responses of solid or porous powder mixtures compacted by shock waves have been analyzed based on the mixture theory and Hugoniot for porous materials. The model is tested on both single-component

porous materials such as aluminum 2024, copper, and iron; and on multi-component mixtures such as W/Cu, Fe/Ni, and Al/Ni. The theoretical calculations agree well with the corresponding experimental and simulation results. The present model produces satisfactory correlation with the experimentally obtained Hugoniot data for solid porous materials over a wide pressure range. (C) 2011 American Institute of Physics. [doi:10.1063/1.3603018]“
“This retrospective study aims to seek a relationship between the number of thrombotic events and presence of thrombophilic factors in Behcet’s disease (BD). Any patient with a vascular problem evaluated for at least one thrombophilic factor was deemed eligible for the present study. Upon an evaluation of their medical records, 96 (23.9%) of the 402 patients diagnosed Nutlin-3 supplier with BD were determined to have a history of thrombosis. Of these 96 patients, 72 (75%) had only one thrombotic attack, while the remaining 24 (25%) had two or more thrombotic attacks. Thrombophilic parameters were evaluated in only 36 of the 72 patients (50%) who had one thrombotic event (Group I) and in 18 of the 24 patients (75%)

who had more than one thrombotic event (Group Milciclib II). The patients with recurrent thrombotic events had a significantly higher incidence of combined thrombophilias than those patients with only one thrombotic event (8/18, 44%; 4/36, 11%; p<0.01). The number of the patients free from thrombophilic risk factors was significantly higher in Group I than in Group II (21/36, 58%; 4/18, 22%; p<0.02). Group II had an increased frequency of combined thrombophilic risk factors (OR 6.4; 95% CI 1.5-25.8) when compared to Group I. No significant differences were found between Groups I and II with respect to clinical features of BD. In conclusion, combined thrombophilias in patients with BD may have a role in the development of recurrent thrombotic events.”
“Quantitative structure-property relationships (QSPR) studies were performed for kinetic chain-transfer constants of 90 agents on styrene polymerization at 60 degrees C.

Comments are closed.